CR0 0XZ, United Kingdom
Nielsonsmith Ltd. (“Nielsonsmith“) is committed to protecting the privacy and confidentiality of personal information entrusted to us.
What Is personal information?
What is excluded from privacy protection?
If you are under the age of 18, be sure to obtain your parent or guardian’s permission before you send any personal information to us, or anyone else. We encourage parents to get involved with their children’s online usage and to be aware of the activities in which they are participating.
Why Does Nielsonsmith Collect personal information?
Nielsonsmith may collect personal information for the following reasons:
- We collect personal contact information (such as your name, address, email address and telephone numbers) if you: sign up for a newsletter; purchase or subscribe to any publications; register on an online forum or website, or to attend a paid event; purchase any product or service from Nielsonsmith; are responding to a survey; purchasing advertising space; or are the author of works that are being published by us.
- The information you provide to us is used to fulfill your request for information, products or services, to provide targeted advertising, and to respond to your inquiries. From time to time this information may be used to provide reward points or apply credit, as applicable in the circumstances.
- We will retain your subscriber ID and passwords so that upon request by you we may remind you of them.
- We collect demographic information, as well as purchase history and a list of promotions offered to you, in order to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may develop better products and services, and to determine your eligibility for other products and services.
- We may also use demographic, personal contact and history information to contact you about changes, enhancements or other notices related to products or services you requested from us and which we provide. In addition, we may use this information to send you offers or information from us, our affiliates and from selected sponsors or advertisers (“Marketing Offers”). If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the opt-out procedure below.
- We may tape or monitor your telephone calls with our customer service representatives for quality assurance purposes.
- We collect your credit card information if you: purchase a publication or subscribe to a loose-leaf service; register to attend a paid event; purchase any products from Nielsonsmith or through one of our websites; are a paid advertiser. This credit card information is used for the purpose of fulfilling your order.
- If you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy, we will keep your contact information on a list so that your request can be honoured.
- If you provide a complaint to any of our departments, we will collect your contact information and the nature of your complaint, for the purpose of investigating your concerns and responding to you.
- If you provide freelance or other services to us, we may collect your social insurance number for tax reporting purposes and your contact information in order to pay you.
- We may also use or collect additional information from freelancers, other service providers and from advertisers, such as financial information (for example, banking details and credit history) to assess credit risk, sales data to prepare royalty reports and other relevant information to help us evaluate the quality of your services.
- We use IP (internet protocol) addresses, to gather demographic and statistical information about our users, for systems administration and to diagnose problems with our servers, and to administer our websites. We may also use IP addresses to display or allow our third party advertising providers to display more targeted advertising and content.
- We may, from time to time, track and analyze anonymous usage and browsing patterns of visitors to our websites to provide our advertisers with more targeted advertising opportunities and to help users see advertising that is most likely to interest them.
- We generally use your personal information for the purposes of : managing, administering, collecting or otherwise enforcing your accounts; maintaining business records for reasonable periods of time and generally managing and administering our business; and meeting all relevant international regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements.
- Occasionally, we ask our customers to complete market research surveys. If you choose to participate in these surveys and provide your personal information for that purpose, your information will be aggregated as part of the survey results and shared with our advertisers, sponsors and affiliates in a manner that does not identify you.
What Kind of personal information Does Nielsonsmith Disclose, to Whom and Why?
Nielsonsmith may disclose your personal information to third parties as follows:
- We may disclose your personal contact information to affiliates and selected sponsors and advertisers. If you do not wish to receive Marketing Offers, you may opt-out at any time by following the opt-out procedure provided herein.
- We may transfer your personal information to third party service providers in order to fulfill your order or perform processing and other specialized services (such as credit card processing, prize fulfillment of our contests, collection of overdue accounts, management of customer service requests, and product delivery).
- We may provide your name and credit card information on a confidential basis to a third party for the purpose of updating your credit card information to ensure that your ongoing subscription to Nielsonsmith products and services is not interrupted.
- We may disclose your personal information to our affiliates for internal audit, management, billing or administrative purposes.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties if you have violated our terms of service or conditions of purchase, or if we need to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests, other legal and regulatory authorities and for other legal reasons.
- We may disclose your personal information on a confidential basis to parties connected with the contemplated or actual financing, insuring, sale, assignment or other disposal of all or part of our business or assets, including for the purposes of determining whether to proceed or continue with such transaction or business relationship or fulfilling any records or other reporting requirements to such parties.
From time to time, we make our customer e-mail list available to other reputable organizations whose products or services we think you might find interesting. Additionally, if you provide us with your telephone number, you may be contacted by us by telephone with information regarding new products and services or upcoming events. If you do not wish for us to do so, or to be contacted by us regarding our own promotions and upcoming events, please let us know by sending us a notification on-line, by e-mail, by calling us or by writing to us at the contact information provided below.
If you choose to opt-out of any use of your personal information in accordance with our opt-out policy, we will keep your contact information on a list so that your request can be honoured.
Please note that contact details provided to us for the purpose of forwarding conference information through our “Send to a Friend” feature is restricted. This means that no unsolicited emails will be sent to contacts whose information is provided by way of this function, no will their contact information be disclosed or sold to third parties
It may take 4-6 weeks to fully process your opt-out request.
Nielsonsmith has technical, contractual, administrative and physical security measures to protect your personal information in a manner that is reasonable and appropriate to the nature of the personal information you provide to us. For example, when you provide credit card information to us, we work to help protect the security of your credit card information by using industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology.
Please be aware that email is not a secure medium, and any personal information you send to us by email could be intercepted. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your credit card number, you should not send it electronically unless the email is encrypted or your browser indicates that the access to our website is secure. Materials posted to online forums such as bulletin boards or comment sites are public, not secure and may be viewed by anyone. Any personal information you post may be collected and used by anyone and may result in unsolicited messages from other internet users. Nielsonsmith is not responsible for personal information you choose to post or submit in any online forum on any of our websites.
Cookies and Third Party Sites.
We may place advertising or other links on our websites that originate from outside advertisers. We do not control cookies on these sites, nor are we responsible for any marketing or other use of your information by these advertisers.
Users may, through hypertext or other computer “links”, gain access to other websites on the Internet which are not operated by Nielsonsmith. Nielsonsmith is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Nielsonsmith of the website linked to. Nielsonsmith ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY MATERIAL OUTSIDE OF THE WEBSITES OPERATED BY NIELSONSMITH, INCLUDING ANY WEBSITES WHICH MAY BE ACCESSED THROUGH A LINK ON A NIELSONSMITH OPERATED WEBSITE. Unless otherwise indicated at an Nielsonsmith operated website, Nielsonsmith is not sponsored by or affiliated with the linked websites. Nielsonsmith specifically disclaims responsibility for any inadvertent viewing by anyone under the age of 18 of any material intended for adults on a website accessed through use of a linked website.
Be aware that our websites may contain links to other websites that are maintained by third parties who are not required to comply with this Privacy Code and for which Nielsonsmith has no responsibility. Please review the privacy policies on any external websites to determine their information handling practices.
How Long Does Nielsonsmith Retain personal information?
We keep your personal information for such period as is reasonably necessary to meet the purposes for which it was collected or to comply with any legal requirements, including statutory retention periods. When your personal information is no longer required for a specific purpose or legal requirement, it will be erased from our records.
How to access and correct your personal information, and address concerns regarding your privacy.
If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, would like to have access to or have us correct your personal information, you may contact us at the contact information provided below:
RE: PRIVACY INQUIRY
CR0 0XZ, United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0) 203 397 2781
Fax: +44 (0) 203 397 2785